Most projects or startups require initial financial investment, especially if economies of scale are essential to enable a production run to become reasonably and competitively priced. For many project or business owners bank loans are simply not an option, for the following reasons…
- Refused loan due to current economic climate
- Can’t prove there is a demand for their product or service
- Banks don’t understand the subject matter or concept
- Owner wants to minimise their interactions and association with banksters
- Don’t want to risk losing the ownership of their project
Crowd Funding is a platform where a project owner is able to present in the hope to encourage their audience to support the project with some of their hard earned cash . “Crowd” members are encouraged to pledge an often predefined amount of money and in turn receive a chosen gift. With many sites, there is no contractual obligation to fulfil the sending of these gifts and the risks of each project will be listed at the bottom of each page. Many site only offer a all or nothing approach, where a project will only receive the money if they reach their chosen goal.
Below is a list of the most popular crowd funding websites. Email us if you think we have missed any…